Are you a Permanent Resident of Canada considering Canadian Citizen? Recent changes to the Citizenship Act, provides individuals with greater flexibility in meeting the eligibility requirements. Please contact Newfound Immigration Solutions to discuss your options and opportunities today!
The goal of many Permanent Residents of Canada is to become a Canadian Citizen. Once you pass all the requirements and undergo the citizenship ceremony, you will truly become a member of this great nation.
To be eligible for Citizenship you must:
- Be a Canadian Permanent Resident;
- Have met all of the residency requirements as conditions of your Permanent Residency;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have a clear criminal history;
- Be competent and able to use one of Canada’s official languages, either English or French;
- Be able to pass the Canadian Citizenship Test which tests your knowledge of Canada.
The above list is quite inclusive however there are some variations that are possible depending on the person’s age and the history of their status in Canada.
Canadian Citizens and persons with a right to Canadian Citizenship (children of Canadian citizens for example) may apply for proof of Canadian citizenship.
Any Canadian citizen may apply for a citizenship certificate. A parent may apply on behalf of a minor (under 18 years old).
You should apply if you want to:
- make sure that you are a Canadian citizen
- get proof to show you are a Canadian citizen
- replace a lost, destroyed or stolen certificate
- update your certificate, such as when you get a legal name change
P O Box 50025, Paradise, NL, Canada A1L 0J2 | Telephone: (709) 743-2706 | Email: email@example.com